Go Back   PNW Love > PNW Love > Over 30

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2009, 05:06 PM   #1
junglist

I'm a Male
Living in Bellingham
Interested in Women

Intro..or The story of me

I've got some writers block on a paper I'm writing so I thought maybe if I wrote something else it'd help. So you now get to suffer through a brief introduction to the awesomeness (or lameness depending on your viewpoint) that is me.
I'll start with, why post an intro in the over 30 forum? I'm over 30, duh..and honestly I didn't really know where else to stick it. According to my drivers license I'm actually 34, although some may debate whether or not it is accurate. I'm not necessarily childish but I can be a bit juvenile sometimes (mostly my sense of humor, what can I say- I'm a guy).
I live in Bellingham, been stuck up here for the last years or so. I lived most of my live in the no-mans land between south Seattle and Burien. My parents are still down there so I try to visit at least every couple of months.
I was repeatedly victimized by the collapse of the dot com boom (read: laid off like 3 times in 4 years) so I moved up here to go to school. I recently finished my AA (with honors- booya!) and transferred to WWU to finish a BA in economics. Nothing like being one of the oldest in the class. Odd thing is, the average age at the CC up here is something like 29 or 31 and I was never the oldest person in class. At WWU the average age has got to be like 19. Nothing like being surrounded by people a decade younger than you to make you feel outta place. But, whatever, at least I'm doing it and it could be worse. I've also been working full time while in school too, since no one will let me live in their house for free and I can't get mail delivered to a box behind the grocery store (lame post office rules!).
I recently ended an eight year relationship due to some...improper relationships involving the other party...repeatedly. She was younger than I am and I ignored the red flags about that when we got together, so that was my fault. She's not a bad person, she just has some bad personal traits that are the result of earlier trauma (which left her a tad immature). She's not willing to address the issues to work through them to prevent said issues from coming up, so I became unwilling to be a doormat any longer. She moved out at the end of January. I'm pretty happy living and I'd say that I miss certain things but it wouldn't be true. The things I'd say I missed, we never really had to begin with, so technically I've been missing them all along anyway. Hey, at least my bike and my dog love me!
The rough part about our breakup, other than the fact that we were together a long time, is the child. See, that's where it gets complicated. He's a pretty kick ass kid, eight years old and....not mine. That's a long and involved story in itself but I'll leave it at, I was there when he was born and I'm the only dad he's ever known. Unfortunately between work and school I don't get to see him for more than a few minutes a day, which pretty much sucks.
Anywho, before this last one, I was married to a demon woman for five years (who had a lot of similarity traitwise- god can I pick 'em!). Thankfully that ended and she now lives multiple states away.
On a lighter note, I recently finished a film script with a friend of mine. He's got two novels published and does role playing game editing and design. I've only had an editorial piece published. I also don't really claim to be a writer though, so that's ok (although I have two novels I'm working on myself). With any luck he'll use his vast connections to get that sold and one day you can say, "What an awful fucking film that was, they should hang the dumbass that wrote that!"

If you've read this far, I'm sorry. I have no prize for you although you most certainly deserve one. I don't think even I'd be able to make it this far and it's my post (that means I couldn't even get through it to proofread it, so sorry if there's really poor grammar or spelling)! If I ever meet any of you, I'll owe you a beer or something (there will be a written test regarding this post first to qualify ).

Of course that's nowhere near complete, or probably even very accurate but boy it was fun, wasn't it? I'm sure you all feel closer to me now(), and I of course feel closer to you(). Hopefully now that I've written about my life I can go and write about someone elses.
Oh, and Preemptively, you may not have your click back. It's mine now

Old 05-19-2009, 05:08 PM   #2
junglist

I'm a Male
Living in Bellingham
Interested in Women

Good lord, that was long..
Here's cliffnotes:
"Hi!"

Old 05-19-2009, 05:37 PM   #3
PNW Love Member

I'm a Dude
Living in somewhere

What is crackin...? Welcome to the world of hungry horny females and raging hormones flying to get some decent women for you....

Ok...Well the first part is true...SO HI

Old 05-19-2009, 06:48 PM   #4
Sarah's little mermaid

I'm a Lady
Living in Renton, WA
Humor is Dry/Sarcastic
Have a Classic fashion style

Hello.......I too went to WWU and got my BA in Economics. How are you loving WWU?

Old 05-19-2009, 07:17 PM   #5
Litte Mary Sunshine

I'm a Girl
Living in just this of side of hell

wow, if I could get in touch with my feelings I wouldn't have anger managment issues - I totally mean that is the MOST respectful manner. oh and BTW, it is IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to be more juvenile than I - it's written somewhere, I just can't find it at the moment. And mad props, but at your age, your are NOT the oldest going to college At least your class mates aren't asking for YOUR daughter's phone number Awesome job on sharing, I wish I could open up like that. oh, and welcome!!

Sounds like you have some great things going on. Keep the nose to the grindstone bud and you'll do good. We've all had some pretty bad experiences, thanks for sharing yours. Jesus, I feel like I'm at a therapy session Not directed at op, as you all know, I don't do touchy, feely well..I'm here why?

Old 05-19-2009, 07:52 PM   #6
junglist

I'm a Male
Living in Bellingham
Interested in Women

lol, I'm not very touchy feely either, but apparently I am a closet romantic. Must be the years of hollywood stuffing romantic comedies down my throat. At least I've amassed a good movie collection out of the deal though!
And so far Western blows, imo. Probably just adjusting to the cultural difference at a uni vs cc but omigod there's so many obnoxious twits running around. In a way it sort of reminds me of the mall. But, I <3 econ (for some sick reason).

Old 05-19-2009, 08:53 PM   #7
Sarah's little mermaid

I'm a Lady
Living in Renton, WA
Humor is Dry/Sarcastic

LMAO!!!!! I know what you mean. I too felt a little out of place cause I was not the hyper college party girl type. I felt a little out of place when I attended WWU. BUT the professors were amazing!!!!

Old 05-19-2009, 08:54 PM   #8
pees standing up

I'm a Chicky-poo
Living in a hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
oh and BTW, it is IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to be more juvenile than I - it's written somewhere, I just can't find it at the moment.
i can turn any thread into a topic about penises in less than one post. i challenge you to an immaturity contest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sin808 View Post
Probably just adjusting to the cultural difference at a uni vs cc but omigod there's so many obnoxious twits running around. In a way it sort of reminds me of the mall. But, I <3 econ (for some sick reason).
i just graduated (i hope) from wsu after doing a few transfers from cc to another university before wsu. ho. lee. crap. freakin isolated snotty bitches that can't stop texting for two seconds and being wrapped up in their image obsessed world did nothing good for me. and now i have a degree that's utterly useless. woo hoo!! (good luck, though)

Old 05-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #9
SiX
Crazy B****

I'm a Girl
Living in Moses Lake

Um.. Hi! I refuse to post my love life. Too long, too complicated, too annoying. But I commend you for posting yours. ok, going to mix another drink now. Ignore if needed.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:52 PM   #10
junglist

I'm a Male
Living in Bellingham
Interested in Women

Congrats on graduating Plummy. So the mall phenomenon isn't just Western then? That's fairly scary. Hmm I wonder if it's the whole generation that's like that? I've toyed with the idea of moving off continent when I'm finished with school...maybe that wouldn't be such a bad thing.
Quote:
I refuse to post my love life. Too long, too complicated, too annoying.
So's mine, that post actually simplifies it down to the most basic and least frustrating explanation. And it probably wasn't the best topic of intro either, nothing like opening a dark closet so strangers can see in...too f'ing late now!
Actually it doesn't really matter or bother me. I just needed something to write about. I never did end up writing my paper though :( I procrastinate too much (and Ableton Live can be a time suck). Guess I'll have to be more productive tomorrow.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:16 PM   #11
SiX
Crazy B****

I'm a Girl
Living in Moses Lake

Quote:
So's mine, that post actually simplifies it down to the most basic and least frustrating explanation. And it probably wasn't the best topic of intro either, nothing like opening a dark closet so strangers can see in...too f'ing late now!
Actually it doesn't really matter or bother me. I just needed something to write about. I never did end up writing my paper though :( I procrastinate too much (and Ableton Live can be a time suck). Guess I'll have to be more productive tomorrow.
I understand the writing thing. realized tonight I haven't written for a year... as far as the closets. . . I keep them securely locked and buried in concrete. Somehow, they still manage to dig out though.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:55 PM   #12
So Amazingly Happy

I'm a Lady
Living in Lacey, WA

OMG.. Thank you so much for the cliff notes!!! Hi!

Old 05-20-2009, 03:59 AM   #13
Married and then some.

I'm a Female
Living in Crazytown
Looking for Conversation
Humor is Goofy
Have a Unique fashion style

If I ever meet any of you, I'll owe you a beer or something (there will be a written test regarding this post first to qualify ).
You owe me a beer you are an excellent writer as far as your age your just a baby, with a whole lot of life ahead of you. Closet doors you can keep them shut and locked, eventually they will open regardless if you want them to or not. We have all cleaned out a few closets in here and for me it was nice to shut the door on a empty closet. You are the dad in a childs life that otherwise would not have a father. What a gift you have given that child you are an awesome individual

Old 05-20-2009, 09:52 AM   #14
miss-communicator

I'm a Female
Living in spokane

so was that a fact or fiction intro??

oh and HI! I don't know what AA's BA's or wwwhatever are anyways, so won't make a dif with me, I won't judge

Old 05-20-2009, 10:39 AM   #15
~Messy Baby~

I'm a Chicky-poo
Living in my own reality....

Youz a better person than I...I don't know that I could sit down and write out everything, tho I give little snippets here and there. Good on ya! It has got to feel good to put it out there.

And I agree with MrsD, pretty stick'n awesome about the child...you have changed someones life for the better, and thats pretty amazing!

Old 05-20-2009, 03:09 PM   #16
junglist

I'm a Male
Living in Bellingham
Interested in Women

No prob on the cliffnotes, simplifies things for people like me who wouldn't have read the whole thing anyway

*scribbles note* one beer for MrsD.

Intro was all fact, unless it wasn't...now I guess I'll have to read it to see.
yes, all fact not even embellished one bit except maybe how awesome I am (but really I am). Don't worry, I won't judge either.

I'm no better than anyone else (seriously, I'm probably not nearly as great as my make myself out to be), I just make do with what my situation hands me. I harbor no ill will nor am I terribly upset (anymore) by anything that's happened in my past since those are the things that have shaped me (and I am a shape!). So it's not like baggage or anything that needed to get aired...just seemed like it might make a good bit of info for announcing my grand arrival (dunno wtf I'll do for an exit though..set some high expectations there). As far as The Boy goes (that IS his formal nickname), I made a decision long ago that I really didn't want to have any kids of my own and took some steps there. So it's been great for me since as you get older you may occasionally regret the decisions you made when you were younger (and don't wanna go the painful expensive route to get around them). I just wish I had more free time to spend with him. Luckily summer is coming up in just a few weeks so I won't be so buried under stuff.

Thanks for the warm welcome

Last edited by sin808; 05-20-2009 at 03:11 PM.

Old 05-20-2009, 03:52 PM   #17
Litte Mary Sunshine

I'm a Girl
Living in just this of side of hell

Quote:
Must be the years of hollywood stuffing romantic comedies down my throat.
arrrggg those those movies RUIN it for all of us. I keep waiting to meet some guy in New York on Valentine's Day after hearing kid on a radio show

[QUOTE=Plummy;15919]i can turn any thread into a topic about penises in less than one post. i challenge you to an immaturity contest.

QUOTE]

I have been a witness to this for some years now

Quote:
*scribbles note* one beer for MrsD.

I'm no better than anyone else (seriously, I'm probably not nearly as great as my make myself out to be), I just make do with what my situation hands me. I harbor no ill will nor am I terribly upset (anymore) by anything that's happened in my past since those are the things that have shaped me (and I am a shape!). So it's not like baggage or anything that needed to get aired...just seemed like it might make a good bit of info for announcing my grand arrival (dunno wtf I'll do for an exit though..set some high expectations there). As far as The Boy goes (that IS his formal nickname), I made a decision long ago that I really didn't want to have any kids of my own and took some steps there. So it's been great for me since as you get older you may occasionally regret the decisions you made when you were younger (and don't wanna go the painful expensive route to get around them). I just wish I had more free time to spend with him. Luckily summer is coming up in just a few weeks so I won't be so buried under stuff.

Thanks for the warm welcome
I think the same thing! I honestly harbor no ill will. I ust use it as a defense mechanism. Keeps scum bags from attaching themselves to my shoe

Old 05-20-2009, 09:05 PM   #18
junglist

I'm a Male
Living in Bellingham
Interested in Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
arrrggg those those movies RUIN it for all of us. I keep waiting to meet some guy in New York on Valentine's Day after hearing kid on a radio show
lol, I'm holding out for the cute girl that works weddings as a waitress and is marrying the wrong guy.

if you know one, tell your friends folks, I'm not above being set up

Old 05-20-2009, 09:21 PM   #19
Sarah's little mermaid

I'm a Lady
Living in Renton, WA
Humor is Dry/Sarcastic

Lol!!!!!!

Old 05-21-2009, 11:14 PM   #20
SiX
Crazy B****

I'm a Girl
Living in Moses Lake

Ugh! I despise those movies. Right up there with Disney. None of that shit ever happens.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:45 PM   #21
Splenda Momma

I'm a Female
Living in South of King County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockerchic View Post
so was that a fact or fiction intro??
This made me snicker. But so did the below...
Quote:
I don't know what AA's BA's or wwwhatever are anyways, so won't make a dif with me, I won't judge
I got my AA with a 4.0, my BS with top honors and hopefully my MBA will be top honors like a mofo too! My gawd... I'm a closet nerd!

I can identify with the uni level and being older. In my MBA program I feel young but it's refreshing to have some of the seasoned picking at my brain for 'modern' knowledge and approaches.

Oh and "HI!" to the OP... here's some monkey luv for you.

PNW Love > PNW Love > Over 30

Facebook @pnwlove RSS