PNW Love

Go Back   PNW Love > PNW Love > Advice

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 11:18 AM   #1
~Messy Baby~
 
TeashaMae's Avatar
 
I'm a Chicky-poo
Living in my own reality....

Crushes

How do you get over them?
 
Old 12-18-2008, 11:23 AM   #2
Sarah's little mermaid
 
Miss Annette's Avatar
 
I'm a Lady
Living in Renton, WA
Humor is Dry/Sarcastic
Have a Classic fashion style

Um.....a lot of alcohol, a new crush that is talented in certain areas and my BF. That is what always works for me. However, I do have issues letting go of phone numbers. Sarah gets after me all of the time about my phone numbers in my phone. I still have Rogers number and he died nine months ago. lol
 
Old 12-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #3
~Messy Baby~
 
TeashaMae's Avatar
 
I'm a Chicky-poo
Living in my own reality....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Annette View Post
Um.....a lot of alcohol, a new crush that is talented in certain areas and my BF. That is what always works for me. However, I do have issues letting go of phone numbers. Sarah gets after me all of the time about my phone numbers in my phone. I still have Rogers number and he died nine months ago. lol
Not exactly the same, but I still have my moms and she died in 2004.
 
Old 12-18-2008, 11:39 AM   #4
Sarah's little mermaid
 
Miss Annette's Avatar
 
I'm a Lady
Living in Renton, WA
Humor is Dry/Sarcastic
Have a Classic fashion style

I'm sorry you lost your mom. I lost my grandmother in January this year and then in March Roger died. I still have grandmas phone number as well. I think Sarah is more irritated at me keeping phone numbers for guys that treated me unfairly (to put it in nice terms).....I just have a hard time letting go. Months will go by and I will send them a text asking if they are still alive etc. Usually I am drunk when that happens! lol

And for this reason alone Sarah feels it is best if she goes through my phone and deletes all of the my phone numbers from guys that have not spoken to me in months etc...
 
Old 12-18-2008, 01:55 PM   #5
So Amazingly Happy
 
Washingtonblonde's Avatar
 
I'm a Lady
Living in Lacey, WA

^^^*Note* I have not actually done this.

Crushes work theirselves out usually. But there is always that period of disappointment and maybe hurt.. But that fades and you move on.. Most of the time wonder what the heck you saw in that person anyway.
 
Old 12-18-2008, 05:10 PM   #6
Down the Rabbit Hole
 
Metonymy's Avatar
 
I'm a Gentleman
Living in Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washingtonblonde View Post
Most of the time wonder what the heck you saw in that person anyway.
100% truth.
 
Old 12-19-2008, 02:04 PM   #7
PNW Love Sophomore
 
KaReBarE's Avatar
 
I'm a Girl
Living in Kennewick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeashaMae View Post
How do you get over them?
music!! seriously...

sum of my faves.....

Christina Aguilera-
Fighter (when you've had enough)
Avril Lavigne- Happy Ending (BTW she's flipn hotttttt!!!)
Alanis Morisette- You Oughta Know (this one is funny!!)
Destiny's Child- Survivor (for the ghetto in you)
Roxette- It Must Have Been Love (old school)
All American Rejects- It ends tonight (just cause)

 
Old 12-19-2008, 02:23 PM   #8
PNW Love Member
 
I'm a Dude
Living in somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaReBarE View Post

Christina Aguilera-
Fighter (when you've had enough)
Avril Lavigne- Happy Ending (BTW she's flipn hotttttt!!!)
Alanis Morisette- You Oughta Know (this one is funny!!)
Destiny's Child- Survivor (for the ghetto in you)
Roxette- It Must Have Been Love (old school)
All American Rejects- It ends tonight (just cause)

Can I cut my wrists now....?
 
Old 12-19-2008, 02:40 PM   #9
PNW Love Sophomore
 
KaReBarE's Avatar
 
I'm a Girl
Living in Kennewick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikercw View Post
Can I cut my wrists now....?
yes, yes you may
 
Old 12-19-2008, 04:43 PM   #10
PNW Love Member
 
I'm a Dude
Living in somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaReBarE View Post
yes, yes you may
well fine...good bye cruel world!!
 
Old 12-19-2008, 04:53 PM   #11
Litte Mary Sunshine
 
Bikenut's Avatar
 
I'm a Girl
Living in just this of side of hell

Define crush. Is this defined as someone you WANT to be with or someone you just fantasize about?

If it's someone you WANt to be with and you know it's not gunna happen, I have no advice. You just bear down and get over it. In the past I would just go on a dating flurry and reach out to my friends. Nothing like good freinds to tell ya what an idiot you are for liking the idiot in the first place

Last edited by Bikenut; 12-19-2008 at 04:57 PM.
 
Old 12-19-2008, 11:37 PM   #12
~Messy Baby~
 
TeashaMae's Avatar
 
I'm a Chicky-poo
Living in my own reality....

Thanks everyone
 
Old 12-20-2008, 01:04 PM   #13
Use it, or Lose it.
 
Clackamas's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in Seattle, WA [Queen Anne]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikercw View Post
Can I cut my wrists now....?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaReBarE View Post
yes, yes you may
Go ahead. I dare you!

Last edited by Clackamas; 12-20-2008 at 01:07 PM.
 
Old 12-20-2008, 01:25 PM   #14
PNW Love Member
 
I'm a Dude
Living in somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clackamas View Post
Go ahead. I dare you!
I`ll be back with pictures... since people want me gone so much....
 
Old 12-20-2008, 03:01 PM   #15
So Amazingly Happy
 
Washingtonblonde's Avatar
 
I'm a Lady
Living in Lacey, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeashaMae View Post
Thanks everyone

Or maybe you just get snowed in your apartment for a week.. then go a little stir crazy and forget about your crush completely.
 
Old 12-20-2008, 03:31 PM   #16
PNW Love Member
 
I'm a Dude
Living in somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clackamas View Post
Go ahead. I dare you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikercw View Post
I`ll be back with pictures... since people want me gone so much....
I hope your happy Clack.... you bitch!!
 
Old 12-20-2008, 03:33 PM   #17
So Amazingly Happy
 
Washingtonblonde's Avatar
 
I'm a Lady
Living in Lacey, WA

^^not funny!!
 
Old 12-20-2008, 05:42 PM   #18
PNW Love Sophomore
 
KaReBarE's Avatar
 
I'm a Girl
Living in Kennewick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikercw View Post
I hope your happy Clack.... you bitch!!
 
Old 12-20-2008, 06:27 PM   #19
Sleepnowinthefire
 
Dragonfish's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in Olympia

Your'e doin' it wrong! It's down the street, not across the road
 
Old 12-24-2008, 10:21 AM   #20
Stick and move
 
lovegun's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in pornocopia

look at pics of me then you will have a new crush and forget about your old one
 
Old 12-24-2008, 10:29 AM   #21
~Messy Baby~
 
TeashaMae's Avatar
 
I'm a Chicky-poo
Living in my own reality....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegun View Post
look at pics of me then you will have a new crush and forget about your old one
In nothing but a hat? That'd do the trick
 
Old 12-24-2008, 06:00 PM   #22
Stick and move
 
lovegun's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in pornocopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeashaMae View Post
In nothing but a hat? That'd do the trick
now that will lead to lust as well as a crush
 
Old 12-25-2008, 03:01 PM   #23
PNW Love Freshman
 
Avboden's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in Spokane

Crushes just seem normal to me, most of the time i'll never act on them, and eventually move on. I think wayyy harder to get over is getting led on by someone you actually like then getting over them.
 
Old 12-25-2008, 03:08 PM   #24
Um hi?
 
GirlNinja's Avatar
 
I'm a Lady
Living in Everett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avboden View Post
Crushes just seem normal to me, most of the time i'll never act on them, and eventually move on. I think wayyy harder to get over is getting led on by someone you actually like then getting over them.
 
Old 12-25-2008, 07:55 PM   #25
Newbie
 
Amy Jane's Avatar
 
I'm a Lady
Living in Bothell

Everyone needs someone to day dream about... so when you need to get over a crush... get a new one. Better yet, get a crush on yourself. serriously it works. If you're ever feeling down about a crush that won't work out, go do something nice for yourself.
 
Old 12-26-2008, 04:14 PM   #26
Use it, or Lose it.
 
Clackamas's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in Seattle, WA [Queen Anne]

Removed.

Last edited by Clackamas; 12-26-2008 at 05:45 PM.
 
Old 12-26-2008, 07:41 PM   #27
PNW Love Sophomore
 
zooktls97's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in Seattle

I'd sleep on it.
Well, if it doesn't work, Showgirls in downtown Seattle has serious hot chicks to get over any crushes, but then it will create new crushes.
So, I'd go back to step one, sleep on it.
 
Old 12-27-2008, 03:14 AM   #28
PNW Love Member
 
I'm a Dude
Living in somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooktls97 View Post
Showgirls in downtown Seattle has serious hot chicks
^^^ Sad
 
Old 12-27-2008, 10:29 AM   #29
PNW Love Sophomore
 
zooktls97's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikercw View Post
^^^ Sad
Why is it sad? Have you been there?
If you have, then you know what I'm talkin about.
 
Old 12-27-2008, 10:50 AM   #30
Mr. Clean
 
Jeeperman's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in Northish of Seattle

It's sad Zook....because you are just teasing yourself with something you can't touch. Putting myself in that situation when needing comfort would likely make things worse. Why get worked up just to go home to yourself! LOL! Stay home and make "THE CALL" if you have to. That may take your mind of things for a minute.
 
Old 12-27-2008, 11:09 AM   #31
miss-communicator
 
Rockerchic's Avatar
 
I'm a Female
Living in spokane

crushes arent that easy to get over- u usually experiance all those "firsts"- the butterflies giggles, anticipation of what might be- and all of those feel sooooo good and they make us smile. When "the crush" is no longer in the picture we get left with a sudden void so to speak...and who doesnt want to have all those happy tingles???

to get over mine- I immediatly find a new "crush"- and thats not all that healthy. :(
 
Old 12-27-2008, 11:32 AM   #32
PNW Love Sophomore
 
zooktls97's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeperman View Post
It's sad Zook....because you are just teasing yourself with something you can't touch. Putting myself in that situation when needing comfort would likely make things worse. Why get worked up just to go home to yourself! LOL! Stay home and make "THE CALL" if you have to. That may take your mind of things for a minute.
Well, I think of it as helping them out go through college.
Some of those girls are actually trying to pay through college.
Some people deal differently on crushes.
 
Old 12-27-2008, 11:55 AM   #33
Mr. Clean
 
Jeeperman's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in Northish of Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooktls97 View Post
Well, I think of it as helping them out go through college.
Some of those girls are actually trying to pay through college.
Some people deal differently on crushes.
LOL! Whatever helps ya I guess. Thank you for funding them as I may reap the bennifits as I meet them outside of their work and they take me to dinner! LOL! Personally, unless having a few drinks with friends or some sort of party, I have had no use for the strip club. I like my nekked women to be accessable without fear of running out of dollar bills!
 
Old 12-28-2008, 12:26 AM   #34
PNW Love Member
 
I'm a Dude
Living in somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeperman View Post
LOL! Whatever helps ya I guess. Thank you for funding them as I may reap the bennifits as I meet them outside of their work and they take me to dinner! LOL! Personally, unless having a few drinks with friends or some sort of party, I have had no use for the strip club.
Strip clubs are a joke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeperman View Post
I like my nekked women to be accessable without fear of running out of dollar bills!
QFT!!!
 
Old 12-28-2008, 12:09 PM   #35
PNW Love Sophomore
 
zooktls97's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeperman View Post
I like my nekked women to be accessable without fear of running out of dollar bills!
Well, you can always make money Paulie. Besides, I don't need to sleep with them. I just need some attention sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikercw View Post
Strip clubs are a joke
I wonder why they're always jammed pack every time.
Oh, I get it, hot chicks dance in front of ya nekid doing the moves that regular chicks can only dream doing.
It's just like watching any other cabaret show but in more erotic view.
 
Old 12-28-2008, 12:31 PM   #36
Mr. Clean
 
Jeeperman's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in Northish of Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooktls97 View Post
Well, you can always make money Paulie. Besides, I don't need to sleep with them. I just need some attention sometimes.



I wonder why they're always jammed pack every time.
Oh, I get it, hot chicks dance in front of ya nekid doing the moves that regular chicks can only dream doing.
It's just like watching any other cabaret show but in more erotic view.
Sure they are full, have you seen who is in there on a regular basis? There is a reason the lighting sucks! I just personally feel my needs better met by personal meetings whether it be attention or a rise in the trousers, and it is a plus not having to pay for it.
Don't get me wrong, I have been in them and will be again I am sure, but likely for a bachealor party or just blowin som steam off with friends and when I leave I will likely be in the proper state of mind to give my SO/special friend some extra attention. I just won't specifically go there for the purpose of getting any needs met knowing it would not fully meet any.

Last edited by Jeeperman; 12-28-2008 at 12:36 PM.
 
Old 12-28-2008, 12:38 PM   #37
Mr. Clean
 
Jeeperman's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in Northish of Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikercw View Post
Strip clubs are a joke


QFT!!!
Yup....on both accounts.
 
Old 12-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #38
PNW Love Sophomore
 
zooktls97's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeperman View Post
Sure they are full, have you seen who is in there on a regular basis? There is a reason the lighting sucks!
The lighting is actually pretty good. I went there with Chris Grundy a PNWR member and did not have trouble finding each other after private dances, lol.
Heck we even met Parkerr another PNWR on the way home, lol.
 
Old 12-28-2008, 12:58 PM   #39
Mr. Clean
 
Jeeperman's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in Northish of Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooktls97 View Post
The lighting is actually pretty good. I went there with Chris Grundy a PNWR member and did not have trouble finding each other after private dances, lol.
Heck we even met Parkerr another PNWR on the way home, lol.
LOL! Like I said I have been in them as well, but do not find myself a regular. It is the regulars I was refering to and not even everyone of them are scetchy.
Anyway, I was really only trying to say, strip clubs would not help but possibly hinder me from getting over a crush. Didn't mean to thread jack. Just do what works for you, everyone is different.
 
Old 12-28-2008, 01:06 PM   #40
Litte Mary Sunshine
 
Bikenut's Avatar
 
I'm a Girl
Living in just this of side of hell

I think what Zook is trying to say, is that strip clubs can be a distraction. Distractions are what you need when you are trying to get over something, not sittying at home thinking about it. No different than people going out and getting hammered to 'not' think about something. Sure, the problem is still there the next day but you've blown a few hours not thinking about it. Sides, who doesn't like eye candy
 
Old 12-28-2008, 01:20 PM   #41
Mr. Clean
 
Jeeperman's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in Northish of Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
I think what Zook is trying to say, is that strip clubs can be a distraction. Distractions are what you need when you are trying to get over something, not sittying at home thinking about it. No different than people going out and getting hammered to 'not' think about something. Sure, the problem is still there the next day but you've blown a few hours not thinking about it. Sides, who doesn't like eye candy
That was basically my point. This kind of eye candy would not get my mind off someone whom I wished to be with. It would work me up and I would then think about the fact I would have like my crush to have been there to deal with my work up!

I think I would be better off going for a ride on the bike or doing something else I enjoyed.
That's just me though. Whatever works for the individual though as I said we are all different, and that is what makes the world an interesting place to be. =}
 
Old 12-28-2008, 03:11 PM   #42
PNW Love Member
 
I'm a Dude
Living in somewhere

I`ll stick to porn if need be... thats free


Thanks Internet
 
Old 12-28-2008, 03:39 PM   #43
So Amazingly Happy
 
Washingtonblonde's Avatar
 
I'm a Lady
Living in Lacey, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zooktls97 View Post
The lighting is actually pretty good. I went there with....
Heck we even met ...another PNWR on the way home, lol.
Wow.. Name dropping? Really??

I've only been to one strip club.. and it was great for entertainment value..That's about it.
 
Old 12-28-2008, 03:57 PM   #44
Picture Whore
 
shelbyguy's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in 253

best way ive heard to get over a crush is to get under another one...
whatcha doin later?
 
Old 12-28-2008, 04:05 PM   #45
So Amazingly Happy
 
Washingtonblonde's Avatar
 
I'm a Lady
Living in Lacey, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyguy View Post
best way ive heard to get over a crush is to get under another one...
whatcha doin later?
What are YOU doing later???
 
Old 12-28-2008, 04:11 PM   #46
Picture Whore
 
shelbyguy's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in 253

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washingtonblonde View Post
What are YOU doing later???

hm...you stalking me?
 
Old 12-28-2008, 04:23 PM   #47
So Amazingly Happy
 
Washingtonblonde's Avatar
 
I'm a Lady
Living in Lacey, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyguy View Post
hm...you stalking me?
 
Old 12-28-2008, 04:57 PM   #48
PNW Love Sophomore
 
zooktls97's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washingtonblonde View Post
Wow.. Name dropping? Really??

I've only been to one strip club.. and it was great for entertainment value..That's about it.
Dropping name rule only applies to dating section not advice section.
Heck even Paul has been to a strip club.
 
Old 07-22-2009, 05:48 PM   #49
PNW Love Member
 
cityxslicker's Avatar
 
I'm a Dude
Living in Sequim - Yeah, Baby!

Theres always bikes and booze, though not recommended to be done together.
 
Old 07-23-2009, 07:55 AM   #50
Very Married
 
Vigilante's Avatar
 
I'm a Male
Living in Wenatchee

I think the best way to get over a crush is to get to know the actual person instead of the "dreamy" person you think they are.
Everyone poops.
 
Old 07-23-2009, 08:43 AM   #51
So Amazingly Happy
 
Washingtonblonde's Avatar
 
I'm a Lady
Living in Lacey, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyguy View Post
hm...you stalking me?
Wasn't then.. Am now.
 
Old 07-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #52
SiX
Crazy B****
 
SiX's Avatar
 
I'm a Girl
Living in Moses Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante View Post
I think the best way to get over a crush is to get to know the actual person instead of the "dreamy" person you think they are.
Everyone poops.
Quite true. Often our impressions of the person or our altered sense of reality gets in the way. Been a few times where I actually got to know them and was like "um.. no thank you". Besides, if they can't see you for the wonderful person you are, they're not worth your effort.
 
Reply

  PNW Love > PNW Love > Advice

Thread Tools
Display Modes





Facebook @pnwlove RSS


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2008 - 2010 PNW Love. All rights reserved.