PNW Love

Go Back   PNW Love > PNW Love > Advice

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 01:21 PM   #1
Newbie
 
Trident's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in Portland

How do you date?

Hi, I'm Triden. Thanks for the Facebook invite. This is my introduction and question both, because I am completely clueless when it comes to picking up on girls.
  1. I dont drink. I dont smoke. I dont do any recreational drugs. I wont budge on this, so please dont ask me to change.
  2. I dont drive because if I live with my parents and they can take me anywhere I need to go.
  3. I am 18 and a student at the local community college. I didnt bother applying to anywhere else so community college is where I'm at now.
  4. I dont have a job.
  5. When I am not at school, I sit at home and just screw around on the computer.
  6. I have no friends except for the ones I know through the computer and they live hundreds or thousands of miles away.

Knowing all of this, how am I suppose to get a girlfriend? I have never had one, I have never been close to one, and I feel doomed to failure.

I look like I am 14, most people guess between 12 and 17, but I am 18 and very few people believe me when I say I am 18.

So how do I date? What do I have to do?
 
Old 11-01-2008, 02:30 PM   #2
PNW Love Member
 
I'm a Dude
Living in somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Hi, I'm Triden. Thanks for the Facebook invite. This is my introduction and question both, because I am completely clueless when it comes to picking up on girls.
  1. I dont drink. I dont smoke. I dont do any recreational drugs. I wont budge on this, so please dont ask me to change.
  2. I dont drive because if I live with my parents and they can take me anywhere I need to go.
  3. I am 18 and a student at the local community college. I didnt bother applying to anywhere else so community college is where I'm at now.
  4. I dont have a job.
  5. When I am not at school, I sit at home and just screw around on the computer.
  6. I have no friends except for the ones I know through the computer and they live hundreds or thousands of miles away.
Knowing all of this, how am I suppose to get a girlfriend? I have never had one, I have never been close to one, and I feel doomed to failure.
I look like I am 14, most people guess between 12 and 17, but I am 18 and very few people believe me when I say I am 18.
So how do I date? What do I have to do?
Well lets see.....
First off the drinking,drugs, and smoking is ok to say you dont. In todays society its not the "cool" thing to really do anyways.
Your 18, yes even though going to college, get a part time job... You DO need some money!
Living at home wont score you a lot of women to "come over" but that doesn't mean you still cant have fun.

Suggestions:
First if you have not already, get a license. I know you said you don't drive, but is it because you choose not too or you don't have a license?
Second, you go to a comm. College.... Um.... Those places are loaded with girls!
Get out from behind that screen on your breaks from class and go to the lunch area or hang out and meet new people.
You cant be afraid of rejection, its going to happen... But if you at least dont try and see where you can get with a girl you meet, you`ll never know.
If you look younger than what you really are, try dressing a little different to present yourself as more mature. You might look young, but how you present yourself people will see as more of "Who you are" not "What you look like".
 
Old 11-01-2008, 02:34 PM   #3
Site Admin
 
beansbaxter's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in Seattle

I'd say join a club or do some activities at your school - it would be a great way to meet people with similar interests.

Your years at college will be the easiest time in your life to meet people and make friends.
 
Old 11-01-2008, 02:37 PM   #4
Engineer of the Love Boat
 
Qtip's Avatar
 
I'm a Guy
Living in One in Washington

Definitely need to unplug and get out from behind the computer in addition to the suggestions mike listed. Can't hook up with a girl if you don't talk to any face to face.

And yes prepare to be shot down, from what things you listed your social skills may be lacking. So just move on to the next one and eventually it will happen.
 
Old 11-01-2008, 02:46 PM   #5
PNW Love Member
 
I'm a Dude
Living in somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansbaxter View Post
Your years at college will be the easiest time in your life to meet people and make friends.
QFT!


Quote:
Originally Posted by beansbaxter View Post
I'd say join a club or do some activities at your school - it would be a great way to meet people with similar interests.
Even though i`m going to disagree alittle here....
You want to get out and do new things, meet new people that HAVE different interest than what your use to. Learning how to do something with a person is a bonding experience. Gives you a natural way to interact with someone.
 
Old 11-01-2008, 03:09 PM   #6
M0DERAT0R
 
DJ Nathan V's Avatar
 
I'm a Gentleman
Living in Auburn, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Hi, I'm Triden. Thanks for the Facebook invite. This is my introduction and question both, because I am completely clueless when it comes to picking up on girls.
  1. I dont drink. I dont smoke. I dont do any recreational drugs. I wont budge on this, so please dont ask me to change.
  2. I dont drive because if I live with my parents and they can take me anywhere I need to go.
  3. I am 18 and a student at the local community college. I didnt bother applying to anywhere else so community college is where I'm at now.
  4. I dont have a job.
  5. When I am not at school, I sit at home and just screw around on the computer.
  6. I have no friends except for the ones I know through the computer and they live hundreds or thousands of miles away.

Knowing all of this, how am I suppose to get a girlfriend? I have never had one, I have never been close to one, and I feel doomed to failure.

I look like I am 14, most people guess between 12 and 17, but I am 18 and very few people believe me when I say I am 18.

So how do I date? What do I have to do?
Sounds like me 6 years ago except I could drive.

Give it time. You'll meet lots of people at the college. For now (this isn't a bash, just an opinion) I'd focus more on just gathering friends at the school and you'll meet someone you'll want to date eventually. Friendship is how a good dating relationship should start.

Look for clubs or groups at the college that focus on things that matter to you. If you're a WoW geek then look and see if they have a WoW players club or something similar. There are other people out there with similar hobbies. Go out and hang out with them and enjoy being around people with similar passions and let the relationships grow from there. Many of the people with similar interests will also have other interests that you could pick up on or learn.

Last edited by DJ Nathan V; 11-01-2008 at 03:12 PM.
 
Old 11-01-2008, 07:36 PM   #7
shaken, not stirred!
 
martini's Avatar
 
I'm a Lady
Living in Amsterdam, Netherlands

i agree with everyone. very good advice!
 
Old 11-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #8
Surprize!
 
dizzle's Avatar
 
I'm a Dude
Living in Newcastle
Looking for Networking
Interested in Women
Humor is Clever/Quick-witted
Have a Trendy fashion style

Now let me ask you this, are you proud of the things that you possess as a person? If you're not willing to change yourself to be more social, to be more attractive, to be more inviting to people, you're not gonna leave the little box that you live in. I don't say this to be rude, but you as a person must be able to adapt to the situations that you may be put in so that you can be likable by people.

Grab some cash, we'll get coffee and i'll go queer eye for the straight guy on your ass.
 
Old 11-01-2008, 07:45 PM   #9
At Banned Camp
 
JuiceBox's Avatar
 
I'm a Dude
Living in seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzle View Post
Grab some cash, we'll get coffee and i'll go queer eye for the straight guy on your ass.
dane's gay?
 
Old 11-01-2008, 07:47 PM   #10
Surprize!
 
dizzle's Avatar
 
I'm a Dude
Living in Newcastle
Looking for Networking
Interested in Women
Humor is Clever/Quick-witted
Have a Trendy fashion style

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuiceBox View Post
dane's gay?
i wish!

have you seen the bodies on most gay men?

seriously, if i could find men attractive, i totally would be. But, i'm still in love with women, vagina, hookers, and blow.

i guess what odie said that people are born with the gene is true.
 
Old 11-01-2008, 11:53 PM   #11
So Amazingly Happy
 
Washingtonblonde's Avatar
 
I'm a Lady
Living in Lacey, WA

Definately branch out and build some independence. Get a job. And I'd also suggest getting your license.. It'd be pretty strange to have your parents drop you off/pick you up for a date.
 
Old 01-24-2009, 07:52 PM   #12
So Amazingly Happy
 
Washingtonblonde's Avatar
 
I'm a Lady
Living in Lacey, WA

Wonder if this guy ever found a date.
 
Old 01-24-2009, 10:40 PM   #13
I am naked... Right now.
 
ODiE's Avatar
 
I'm a Gentleman
Living in Issaquah, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzle View Post
i guess what odie said that people are born with the gene is true.
I am posting in this thread because I heard my name.

jaykay.

18 and you don't drive? What's the deal there hombre? Driving is important because you can do things like.... go places without having to have a chaperon and have sex at drive in movies.
 
Old 01-24-2009, 10:45 PM   #14
Sarah's little mermaid
 
Miss Annette's Avatar
 
I'm a Lady
Living in Renton, WA
Humor is Dry/Sarcastic
Have a Classic fashion style

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODiE View Post
I am posting in this thread because I heard my name.

jaykay.

18 and you don't drive? What's the deal there hombre? Driving is important because you can do things like.... go places without having to have a chaperon and have sex at drive in movies.
 
Old 01-25-2009, 12:02 AM   #15
So Amazingly Happy
 
Washingtonblonde's Avatar
 
I'm a Lady
Living in Lacey, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODiE View Post
I am posting in this thread because I heard my name.

jaykay.

18 and you don't drive? What's the deal there hombre? Driving is important because you can do things like.... go places without having to have a chaperon and have sex at drive in movies.
People actually still have sex at drive in movies? Are there still such things as drive in movies?
 
Old 01-25-2009, 10:12 AM   #16
Sarah's little mermaid
 
Miss Annette's Avatar
 
I'm a Lady
Living in Renton, WA
Humor is Dry/Sarcastic
Have a Classic fashion style

^^^Yes to both questions!!!!
 
Old 01-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #17
I am naked... Right now.
 
ODiE's Avatar
 
I'm a Gentleman
Living in Issaquah, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washingtonblonde View Post
People actually still have sex at drive in movies? Are there still such things as drive in movies?
There are few things as EPIC as having half drunk sex at a drive in theatre, and when the deed is done getting out of the car for a smoke and looking around at all the people giving you the knowing glance like "oh, so that's the dude that was getting it on in that truck"
 
Old 01-25-2009, 08:54 PM   #18
Awesome.
 
Cooley's Avatar
 
I'm a Dude
Living in Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washingtonblonde View Post
Wonder if this guy ever found a date.
 
Old 01-25-2009, 09:06 PM   #19
So Amazingly Happy
 
Washingtonblonde's Avatar
 
I'm a Lady
Living in Lacey, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODiE View Post
There are few things as EPIC as having half drunk sex at a drive in theatre, and when the deed is done getting out of the car for a smoke and looking around at all the people giving you the knowing glance like "oh, so that's the dude that was getting it on in that truck"
Yeah... I'm thinking no thank you. For the girl it would be "Oh there's the slut that's giving it up in that truck" "whore"..
 
Old 01-25-2009, 09:51 PM   #20
Sarah's little mermaid
 
Miss Annette's Avatar
 
I'm a Lady
Living in Renton, WA
Humor is Dry/Sarcastic
Have a Classic fashion style

^^^^^WHAT? Since when did you start caring what people think of you? Especially strangers!!!! Besides maybe it would be...."Wow. I wish I had a girlfriend that was adventurous like that."
 
Old 01-25-2009, 10:09 PM   #21
So Amazingly Happy
 
Washingtonblonde's Avatar
 
I'm a Lady
Living in Lacey, WA

^^Actually not my flavor.. But I'd like to actually go WATCH movies at the drive through.
 
Old 01-25-2009, 10:16 PM   #22
Sarah's little mermaid
 
Miss Annette's Avatar
 
I'm a Lady
Living in Renton, WA
Humor is Dry/Sarcastic
Have a Classic fashion style

You are on!!!!! This summer you are coming home with me for a night!!!!! Don't worry. I promise you won't have to meet any of the family!!!! And I will restrain myself from attacking your sexy body in my car!
 
Old 01-26-2009, 03:56 PM   #23
Litte Mary Sunshine
 
Bikenut's Avatar
 
I'm a Girl
Living in just this of side of hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washingtonblonde View Post
"Oh there's the slut that's giving it up in that truck" "whore"..
First of all WB, needs to stop talking about me

Second, and I'm going out on a limb on this, but Trident - are you serious? Let me preclude this with HI, I'm the nut. I'm pretty easy going but tend to appear abbrasive and shoot from the hip. Apologies if I'm wrong but IF you are serious, didn't you JUST answer ALL your questions. My theory is that if you can post the problem (90% of the time) you already know the problem, you just posted them.

If you want a real answer, get a job, car and license. That will solve your problems right there.
 
Old 07-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #24
PNW Love Member
 
cityxslicker's Avatar
 
I'm a Dude
Living in Sequim - Yeah, Baby!

There is nothing better than a futon in the back of a pick up truck, a drive in movie , a smuggled bottle of the hard stuff and a sleeping bag.....

Get your license, get a truck, hell they are cheap.
 
Old 07-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #25
So Amazingly Happy
 
Washingtonblonde's Avatar
 
I'm a Lady
Living in Lacey, WA

^^I'm assuming he means by himself.. since he's UBER picky.
 
Old 07-22-2009, 05:35 PM   #26
PNW Love Member
 
cityxslicker's Avatar
 
I'm a Dude
Living in Sequim - Yeah, Baby!

I just refuse to make the mistakes that I have made in the past again. So yes, Uber Picky sounds about right. I couldnt agree with you more.

I still have the same pickup truck from highschool, its way more reliable than the girls I have dated.
 
Old 07-23-2009, 07:35 AM   #27
Very Married
 
Vigilante's Avatar
 
I'm a Male
Living in Wenatchee

I have my ol' HS truck still too - see profile. I finally got it the way I want it, now it's old and worn out like me but it's still reliable like you say. I've never thought of past gf's as being reliable or not because I know that not everything is on my terms. Things come up and change all the time, so I always tried to stay flexible. With my truck however, it better behave like I expect and be very predictable. But would you really want that in a gf? Wouldn't that be boring? "Mail order brides" come to mind...
 
Old 07-23-2009, 06:07 PM   #28
SiX
Crazy B****
 
SiX's Avatar
 
I'm a Girl
Living in Moses Lake

Predictable is boring in a person, priceless in a car, truck, or motorcycle.
 
Old 07-25-2009, 12:51 AM   #29
PNW Love Member
 
cityxslicker's Avatar
 
I'm a Dude
Living in Sequim - Yeah, Baby!

I suppose I do expect too much. ..
I know where I parked my truck at nite, I am pretty damn sure it will be there in the morning, and if I am not driving it, I can wager that its right where I left it. See reliability, predictability, no trust issues; Its a Ford.

Maybe I write a book on it. Everything I wanted to know from a relationship, I learned from my Truck. bound to be a redneck top seller.
 
Old 07-25-2009, 06:52 AM   #30
Very Married
 
Vigilante's Avatar
 
I'm a Male
Living in Wenatchee

^^ I feel my mullet growing.

In your book, see how many times you can use the phrases "Hold my beer and watch this" and "It never left me stranded".

Last edited by Vigilante; 07-25-2009 at 07:37 AM. Reason: grammar sux!
 
Old 07-26-2009, 12:34 AM   #31
PNW Love Member
 
cityxslicker's Avatar
 
I'm a Dude
Living in Sequim - Yeah, Baby!

I'll work on it, I seems to have the time on my hands
 
Reply

  PNW Love > PNW Love > Advice

Thread Tools
Display Modes





Facebook @pnwlove RSS


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright © 2008 - 2010 PNW Love. All rights reserved.